Packing breakables can be
the most time consuming part of preparing for your move.
Each glass, cup, plate, and bowl must be wrapped.
A great way to save time is to use a system of coloured
labels. Even if you don't consider yourself ultra-organised,
it's a simple time-saver. Buy large office labels in four
or five colours and use different colours to denote different
parts of the house (ex. yellow for the kitchen, blue for
the bathroom etc.) Colour coding can be a quick visual
Hopefully, by keeping these tips in mind, you will manage
to avoid any moving mishaps.
- Keep your pets out of the way (at a friends house)
- Pack heavy items in small boxes, light items in
- Remove shades and bulbs from lamps.
- Put pictures in boxes, between sheets, blankets
or towels for extra protection.
- Stack plates and record albums on end vertically,
not flat and stacked.
- Dispose of flammable liquids.
- Criss-cross tape across the bottom of boxes then
up the sides to prevent boxes from breaking open.